F10 GERMICIDAL WOUND SPRAY WITH INSECTICIDE (Liquid, use as is, in 100ml and 500 ml with trigger spray)
Act 36/1947 — G3818. VMD Schedule 6 SAES: GMP M7586 WDA 32613 and FDA MUMS Index, MIF-900-010.
|Poly(hexamethylene biguanide) Hydrochloride||0.03g/100ml|
A topical spot application liquid spray effective against bacteria and fungi to treat wounds and prevent reinfection and repel flies or prevent or eliminate infestation due to fly strike.
In wide ranging field trials covering a wide variety of animal, bird and reptile species the product has demonstrated good healing and antimicrobial action while at the same time was shown to be effective against a variety of insects. Long residual effectiveness was also demonstrated across the disinfecting and insecticidal spectrums. The product is water soluble and can be rinsed clear with water.
The antimicrobial action of the product is based upon core actives of the F10 compound as used in other F10 antiseptic and disinfectant products. At the concentrations in this product, the efficacy achieved is log5 reduction in microbial counts against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, as well as fungi, yeast and moulds. F10 has proven virucidal effectiveness against both enveloped and non-enveloped viruses.
The insecticidal action is based upon cypermethrin (a pyrethroid) and aided by piperonyl butoxide. In the testing phases the indicator species used was Lucilia cuprina, a commonly occurring blow fly species. As soon as the larvae were sprayed they immediately began to migrate from the test site and within 30 minutes were dead. Other tests on L. cuprina eggs resulted in a 100% kill. The product was equally effective against adult flies and showed a 77% kill in 15 minutes rising to 100% within 30 minutes. Cypermethrin is a broad spectrum insecticide and is effective against other insects, e.g. biting flies, fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks.
Residual action tests showed the product was 100% effective after 5 days. Extended field trials demonstrated that the residual action extended well beyond 2 weeks. The product is water soluble and should be re-applied if the animal has been washed or exposed to heavy rain.
These studies were carried out in accordance with the test requirements as specified by the EPA. All studies were subject to an independent GLP compliance audit.
Acute Oral Toxicity (rats) OPPTS 870.1100
10 Germicidal Wound Spray with Insecticide
2000 to 5000mg/kg — EPA Category III
Acute Dermal Toxicity (rats) OPPTS 870.1200
More than 5000mg/kg — Category IV
Dermal Irritation (guinea pigs) OPPTS 870.2500
Very slight erythema (grade 1) for a few hrs but reversible within 24 hrs — EPA Category IV
Acute Eye Irritation (rabbits) OPPTS 870.2400
After 24hrs contact the cornea and iris showed no reaction. The nictitating membranes were graded 1 after 1 hour and were reversible after 72hrs — EPA Category IV
Skin Sensitisation (guinea pigs) OPPTS 870.2600
No skin sensitization
Acute Inhalation Toxicity OPPTS 870.1300
More than 2mg/litre — Category IV
Repeat efficacy tests and chemical analysis confirm a shelf life of 2 years.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSAGE and only apply in a well ventilated space.
- Use only as directed and if unsure consult a veterinarian.
- It is good practice to wear gloves during application. Remove all organic material and clean the wound using an approved irrigating solution.
- Holding the bottle trigger at a distance of approximately 10cm from the affected area on the animal apply 1 to 2 spray actions onto an affected area but DO NOT exceed 2 trigger spray actions/kg body weight or a maximum of 5 treatments areas per animal with multiple wounds within a 24 hour period. Leave to dry. Repeat as necessary at 4-5 day intervals or as recommended by a veterinarian.
- The solution is water soluble and should be re-applied if the animal has been exposed to rain.
- The product may also be applied in the same manner to treat and prevent fly strike and tick bites.
- Ingestion: DO NOT induce vomiting. Give milk or water to drink.
- Eye contact: Rinse eyes with water. Seek medical advice if necessary.
- Avoid contact with domestic cats.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Flammable, keep away from naked flames when spraying.
- Extremely dangerous to fish or aqautic life. Do not spray in areas containing aquaria, fish tanks and bowls. Don not contaminate aquaria, fish bowls, ponds or waterway with this product.
- Do not mix with soap and other chemicals.
- Avoid breathing the spray mist.
Clear pale straw ready to use liquid with ethanol odour.
Small and large animal pack sizes :-
- 100ml bottle with an atomiser spray for use on animals not exceeding 5 kgs body weight.
- 500ml bottle with a trigger spray for use on animals exceeding 5 kgs body weight.
- Store in the original container in a cool well ventilated area. Do not store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight.
- Disposal of empty container and any remaining product in the household refuse.