F10 GERMICIDAL TREATMENT SHAMPOO WITH INSECTICIDE
Reg No. G4049 Act 36/1947
|Quaternary ammonium and biguanide compound||0,44g/100g|
- Skin conditions of bacterial, fungal or viral origin in dogs, horses, goat, cattle, sheep and small exotics (not for use on domestic felines)
- This dermatological preparation can be used as a skin treatment where insects are a concern or where fly strike is likely to occur for example;
- Moist excema (“hot spots”)
- Conditions that cause the fur and skin to become wet and contaminated such as diarrhoea, incontinence
The antimicrobial action of the preparation is based upon the proprietary branded F10 compound. The mechanism of action of F10 is derived from those of each component taken separately, in addition to those due to the additive synergistic action of all components combined. At the concentrations in the product F10 has been assessed as giving a > logs reduction in microbial counts against gram positive and gram negative bacteria; fungi, yeasts and moulds; enveloped and non-enveloped viruses; bacterial and fungal spores. The group of keratinophylic fungi is very large, but only two genera, known as dermatophytes, are known to cause disease (“ringworm”) in animals.
The insecticidal action is based upon cypermethrin (a pyrethroid) and aided by piperonyl butoxide. In the testing phases the indicator species used was Lucille cuprina, a commonly occurring blow fly species. As soon as the larvae were sprayed they immediately began to migrate from the test site and within 30 minutes were dead. Other tests on L. cuprina eggs resulted in a 100% kill. The product was equally effective against adult flies and showed a 77% kill in 15 minutes rising to 100% within 30 minutes. Cypermethrin is a broad spectrum insecticide and is effective against other insects, e.g. biting flies, fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks.
|APPLICATION||FREQUENCY||DILUTION/10 LITRES||MINIMUM EXPOSURE|
Isolate all diagnosed and visibly infected animals immediately. Infected puppies must be isolated with the mother.
|Remove all bedding and equipment (e.g. toys, brushes, water and feed bowls) from cages, floors.|
|Soak bedding and equipment in F1OSC or F1OSCXD before washing. Hang to dry / tumble dry.||Daily||100 ml||15 min|
|Wash water and feed bowls with warm water and Fl OSCXD, spray with F1OSC and leave to dry.||Daily||100 ml||Leave to dry|
|Wash all surfaces (work benches, floors, tables, walls, tiles) with F1OSCXD.||Daily||100 ml||Leave to dry|
|Handling of animals should be limited and involve as few people as possible.|
|Staff movement must be restricted to designated areas.|
|Infected animals and areas should be handled last to avoid cross-contamination.||Soak 15 min,|
|Protective clothing should be worn and discarded or washed and disinfected with F1OSC or F1OSCXD daily.||Daily||100 ml||hang to dry|
|Proper hand decontamination (running water, F10 Antiseptic Liquid Soap and paper towel to dry or use F10 Hand Gel) must be done after any animals or possibly infected material such as bedding had been handled.||In between handling animals||4 ml as is||30 sec|
|Grass should be kept short and exposed to as much sun as possible.|
|Carder boxes must be washed (F1OSCXD) and disinfected (F1OSC) after every use and left to dry.||After every use||100 ml||Leave to dry|
|All cleaning equipment (mops, cloths, brushes) must be washed with F1OSCXD and disinfected with F1OSC at the end of each day.||At the end of each shift||100 ml||Leave to dry|
|Wash ALL animals immediately with F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo to prevent the disease from spreading.||As is||Leave 15min rinse|
|Repeat for up to 3 treatments on every other day on infected animals and once a week on non-infected animals.||As is||Leave 15min rinse|
|Apply F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment to affected lesions once daily.||Every other day or as prescribed by veterinarian||As is||Leave to dry|
|Remove all organic material and ointment using an approved irrigating solution before re-applying the ointment.|
Acute toxicity studies were carried out in accordance with the test requirements as specified by the EPA. All studies were subject to an independent GLP compliance audit.
- Oral toxicity (rats) – >2000 to 5000mg/kg – category Ill
- Dermal toxicity (rats)- > 5000mg/kg- category Ill
- Dermal irritation (guinea pigs) – Zero at 24 hrs (very slight erytherma (grade 1) but reversible within 24 hrs) – category IV
- Eye irritation (rabbits) – zero at 24 hrs (cornea and iris showed no reaction. The eyelids and nictating membranes were graded 1 after 1 hour and were reversible after 72 hrs) – category IV
- Skin sensitization (guinea pigs) – no sensitization
Shelf life of 3 years.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Use only as directed.
- Wet the hair thoroughly. Initiall y a preliminary application of the F10 GERMICIDAL TREATMENT SHAMPOO WITH INSECTICIDE may be necessary to break through the natural oils on the hair. Should this be necessary work the shampoo into the coat, rinse off and re-apply immediately.
- Apply F10 GERMICIDAL TREATMENT SHAMPOO WITH INSECTICIDE and work into a good lather. Leave for 20 minutes or longer and then rinse off with clean water.
- Do not repeat more than twice in 24 hours and a maximum of 5 applications per animal.
- A recommended infection control programme for use in cases of contagious skin conditions is shown overlea.f
- Replace cap after use.
- Ingestion: DO NOT induce vomiting. Give milk or water to drink.
- Eye contact: Rinse eyes with water, seek medical advice if necessary.
Avoid contact with domestic cats. ®
Do not mix with soaps and other chemicals. Avoid contact with eyes.
Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Cypermethrin is dangerous to fish or aquatic life. Do not contaminate aquaria, fish bowls, ponds or waterways with the insecticidal product.
No withdrawal period.
A pouring liquid in 250 ml HPE bottles.
F10 GERMICIDAL TREATMENT SHAMPOO WITH INSECTICIDE.
A colourless liquid with a slight natural odour.
Store below 30°C in dry conditions.
South Africa: DAFF, Act 36/1947, Reg. No. G4049. UK: VMD, SAES.
Health and Hygiene (Pty) Ltd inaccordance with GMP compliance (Good Manufacturing Practice). License No.: M7586APVMA.